Giving you the tools to select, understand and assess top talent.
On this page you will find information on the following:
- Dyslexia Assessment
- Assessment centres
- Development centres
Recruiting the right people is essential for creating and maintaining an efficient and productive work environment, delivering high quality customer service and nurturing a positive company culture; in turn this will contribute to organisational growth and profit.
Ensuring that you are selecting the best and brightest people for your company depends on the quality and accuracy of your assessment methods. However, creating a recruitment process that assesses job-specific competencies, provides applicants with a fair and positive view of the organisation and helps identify the best talent in an efficient and cost effective way is something that many companies are struggling with.
At OPM our Chartered Occupational Psychologists can analyse your current selection strategies and determine their effectiveness. Our Psychologists draw on their vast experiences to analyse the job requirements and create a comprehensive and accurate description of what knowledge, skills and abilities are required by the candidates to best carry out the role. Following this OPM will provide you with a end-to-end solution, which combines our recruitment expertise with researched and tested methodologies, which will enable your company to streamline your recruitment process, improve the quality of hires and improve the candidates’ experiences.
OPM’s Psychologists are experienced in a range of methods, including personality testing, ability testing, interviewing and running assessment centres. Therefore, our approach is fully customizable and we tailor our selection process to fit the level and specific capability requirements of the role your company is recruiting for.
At OPM our recruitment solution will provide you with:
- A team leader who will support your company with research, assessment and candidate care throughout the screening and selection process.
- A bespoke selection strategy, to find a candidate that best fits the role and the company culture
- A pro-active, cost-effective and targeted selection process, that doesn’t compromise on quality and effectiveness.
The benefits of using our selection and assessment experts to help your company recruit the best talent, at any level, include:
- Reduced time to hire and decrease in associated costs
- Access to experienced recruiters who are trained in a number of flexible selection resources
- Enhancing company image and reputation, through fair and positive candidate experiences
- Decrease turnover – employees who are a good match for the role are more successful and more engaged, therefore less likely to want to leave, reducing re-hiring costs
- More qualified employees, which results in less time and money wasted on basic training needs
- Building a qualified and productive talent pool, thus improving customer service, profits and company effectiveness
Specific learning difficulties including dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia affect around 10% of the working population and can have a significant impact on performance if not understood or managed effectively. Conversely, clients who are well compensated tend to be high achievers and an asset to their organisations.
We offer insightful diagnostic assessments, needs assessments and strategy coaching and have proven success in making a big difference to clients and their organisations.
Diagnostic Assessments are undertaken by qualified Psychologists and are useful if someone needs a full profile to understand their cognitive and attainment strengths and developmental areas. This may be particularly useful in education or employment so that the client is able to develop better coping strategies, which are based on their unique preferences.
Assessments may also be useful for people who need legal support in tribunal cases.
Work-based assessments look at the combination of your profile and your job role, and make recommendations for ‘reasonable adjustments’. It is not necessary to have a diagnostic in order to have a work-based assessment. Assessments can be expensive and it is worth considering both the personal and organizational outcomes before commissioning one.
Our reports are written in easy-to-read, lay terms and we offer a follow up phone coaching service as part of the price to ensure that the implications are fully understood.
All of OPM’s assessors are fully qualified Psychologists with Chartership status, HCPC registered status and the relevant BPS certification in psychometric testing.
Assessment centers are typically the final or penultimate part of a selection process. During an assessment center a number of trained assessors evaluate candidates’ performances on a combination of role related activities. Their performances are marked against a clear set of pre-determined desirable characteristics, with the aim of identifying candidates who possess the relevant knowledge, skills and abilities.
OPM have designed and delivered Assessment and Development Centres across a range of sectors and levels. From Oil and Gas and Banking, to National Government and City Transport Departments, our Psychologists know how to get under the skin of an organization, understand it’s needs, and develop a solution that is robust, insightful and fit for purpose, as well as cost effective. Our Psychologists are trained to design, administer and assess using variety of the latest and most popular exercises, including: psychometric tests; role play exercises; group exercises; in-tray exercises; business simulation scenarios.
Assessment and Development Centre exercises should be robust and testing, but without stretching the participant so far out of their comfort zone that they are unable to demonstrate their skills.
We advise on how to devise a process which is robust, challenging and comprehensively tests the competencies that are important for the role. We recognize that time is precious and our approach is a pragmatic one. Our assessments are targeted to ensure we make the best use of each individual’s time and we don’t make people jump through hoops unnecessarily.
We can assist with;
- Job analysis;
- Competency design;
- Assessment exercise design (case study, role play, strategic written task);
- Aptitude testing;
- Psychometric / personality profiling;
- 360 degree feedback; and
- Comprehensive competency based reports.
- We have access to over 40 accredited and fully vetted OPM Occupational Psychologists based across the UK, all of whom are qualified BPS Level A and Level B assessors accredited in the full range of psychometric tests and profiles.
We can respond flexibly, at short notice, to your needs and have the capacity to deliver large scale projects where needed.
The benefits of using assessment centers:
- Enables companies to assess many candidates at the same time.
- Assessment centers provide companies with the most realistic and accurate view of how the candidate would perform in the role.
- The process involves several different assessors; this reduces possible bias and provides a more holistic final picture of each candidate.
- It is regarded as the fairest way of selecting employees.
Like an assessment centre ensures you choose the right talent, development centres ensure you nurture and maintain that talent. DC’s allow you to:
- Evaluate an individuals’ capability
- Understand how to use and develop their strengths
- Action plan developmental areas
- Create personal awareness /responsibility
- Improve employee engagement
- Promote company vision and values
- Ensure the success of the talent pipeline
OPM’s unrivalled expertise allows you to choose from both ‘off the shelf’ options to bespoke, tailored made solutions to suit your needs and budget.
Talk to us today and let us help you decide on a package that’s just right for your organisation. Our clients constantly tell us it is one of the best investments they have made. We’re sure you would agree.