Our work with London Business School (LBS) is a great example of OPM’s coaching expertise, as well as our ability to develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with our clients.
This long-term project started when we were asked to support the Business School with their management development program at a senior level (level 5). Each manager was going through a comprehensive development centre aimed at building personal awareness of strengths and development areas.
What did we do?
Via a team of 8 OPM Psychologists, our role was to;
- Facilitate the development centre in a way that was robust and testing, but also gave all participants the best opportunity to demonstrate skills.
- Use our understanding of the LBS context, strategy and core values to interpret participant performance into meaningful feedback.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive talent reports on each senior manager.
- Use the feedback as a framework for coaching each manager to cultivate their own development plan, based on clear and tangible actions for improvement.
How did it make a difference?
Feedback received was overwhelmingly positive. Level 5 managers had more clarity on what they needed to develop, why they needed develop and what practical steps they needed to take to make changes.
The use of a coaching approach meant that individuals were finding their own solutions – taking charge of their own personal development in a way that best suited their learning style and personality.
What happened next?
Due to the success of the program, OPM were asked to;
- Continue longer term coaching relationships with the level 5 managers over an extended year period to ensure effective implementation of development plans.
- Repeat the above process for all level 4 managers
- Coach all level 3 managers over a year period to facilitate their own development planning.
We still maintain a strong relationship with London Business School and continue to support them regarding the strategy for their junior, middle and senior management development.
Coaching Client, London Business School:
“Cheryl is great at getting to the core of an issue and establishing actionable next steps. At the end of a session, I always feel something has been accomplished and I am clearer on immediate action items.”