Alan is an experienced and highly respected project leader, change manager, coach and skills development facilitator. Alan spent over thirteen years at PricewaterhouseCoopers working with Leaders, Senior Management and staff. Prior to this he was an Assistant Director of Education for the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, developing curriculum solutions and delivering education programmes to prospective Chartered Accountants.
Since 2008, Alan has been working as a consultant delivering improvements in performance for individuals and organisations across a whole spectrum of markets, from public sector healthcare organisations to international banks.
- Change and improvement programmes for the National Leadership and Innovation Agency for Health (NLIAH Wales) including individual executive coaching.
- Assessment centre facilitation and acting as Assessor for a Managing Director level Assessment Centre at Deutsche Bank.
- Design and delivery of an emerging leaders programme for RBS including design and delivery of the Assessment Centre programme entry process.
- Designing and implementing a Performance Management system for a (15 Partner law Firm).
- Facilitation on a large scale skills development programme for HMRC.
- Design and delivery of a series of coaching workshops for DeBeers.
- Facilitating strategy days for companies including AVIVA and Chapco Group.
- Motivation and effectiveness coaching for a range of individual and corporate clients.
- 10-months one-to-one coaching, with a newly promoted equity Partner in a law firm, aimed at improving business strategy and motivation and career planning.
- 12-months one-to-one coaching with a newly appointed CEO, which helped improve role understanding, communication style, commitment to leadership role, confidence and goal setting.
- Coaching to improve influencing skills, using SDI.
- Personal motivation, career and development coaching.
- 360-feedback and performance management for a medium sized law Firm.
- Coaching for Leaders, to increase the impact of their leadership style and activities.
- BA (Hons) Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland (ICAS)
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland
- SIMA (System for Identifying Motivated Abilities) UK accredited coach
- SDI (Strengths Development Inventory) accredited trainer